Diabetes Diary

Kelsey's diary about living life with type 1 diabetes.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Poff Wedding

My little sister got married on Saturday! The wedding was wonderful, the weather perfect... we couldn't have asked for a better day!

Blood sugar "wise" the weekend wasn't great. I didn't feel nervous or stressed, but maybe I was during the actually wedding day, attending to my Matron of Honor duties and all! I houvered around 180 mg/dl for a few hours before dinner, despite constant corrections. I'll write that off to nerves. Then, after testing around 11:00 p.m. and seeing 104 mg/dl, the night of the wedding, I proceeded to leave my meter at our ranch while Dennis, my best friend Michelle, my mom, and I went down the mountain to our hotel. I realized the blundder when I arrived at the hotel, it was after midnight, and I was sleepy. So, I just bolused a half unit figuring I'd rather be low (since I feel my lows quite well) and correct, than run high during the night. I woke up around 7:30 a.m. and felt a little low, I had about 4 pieces of dried apricot. We then stopped by a drive thru coffee stand where I got a decaf latte and a blueberry scone. I bolused three units and hoped for the best. At 10:30 a.m., when we arrived back at the cabin, I was reunited with my beloved meter. Nearly 12 hours without testing was incredibly difficult, but I was rewarded when I tested and saw: 104 mg/dl. Aw, dumb luck!

The only other diabetes related fun this past week was sharing my pump holster with my sister's bridesmaids, who'd never seen such a thing before! Also, I got my upgraded Cozmo pump (I had it delivered to my mom's house). I haven't had a chance to figure out much of the new features, but so far I like that it lets me enter exact carb counts and change boluses by 0.05 a unit instead of just 0.1.
Here are some pictures from the wedding, Enjoy :)

Me, Michelle, Beth
Dennis and Me

Mr. and Mrs. Poff


Michelle and Me at the ceremony site!!




2 Comments:

  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said…

    104 mg/dl, then 104 mg/dl again! After a long time of "winging it"?

    Pretty darn impressive if you ask me!!

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger Allison said…

    Your belly is showing! Hehehe.

    Yes, I'm oh so mature. But mostly just really excited for you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home