Diabetes Diary

Kelsey's diary about living life with type 1 diabetes.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Dietician

Hello O.C. Family! I hope everyone has fun plans ahead for the Labor Day weekend. Dennis and I will be settling into our new place! I'm sure that sounds like drudgery to many people, but I love "nesting" and organizing, so I'm really looking forward to 3 days of unpacking and setting up our new home. Last night we started painting the baby's room :) It's a soft, mint green... very cute!

Anyway, what's up with the post title?! I'm hoping you'll stop by
HealthCentral.com and read my latest post about my recent dietician appointment. I think my fellow diabetics will appreciate my justifiable gripe! Anyone else have a dietician horror story to share? :)

To be fair, my next post will discuss all the important info I learned from the dietician. I'm back to meal planning and carb restrictions. Oh joy!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said…

    Well, I give you a lot of credit for sticking through it and finding some gems to take away from it.

    I probably would have knocked her chicklets out, then been thrown in jail...

    Bravo to you for handling a very frustrating situation very well.

    I wonder, has the dietician ever had HER daily dietary choices scrutinized like that? :-)

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger meanderings said…

    I read it - and it's sad. You're doing a wonderful job, I'm truly impressed.
    My parents always taught us, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."
    In my past life as a teacher, I always focused on the positive.
    I'm happy to hear you learned some new "stuff," and although I'm far from an expert, sounds like you're doing everything right.
    Colleen

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wow...I wonder if you would've made it through that appointment if you weren't pregnant. I know I wouldn't have. Congrats to you for sticking through it and not tuning her out. I'm glad you could take something away from the appointment, but I would've given her a piece of my mind about her comments. Seriously, that is out of order. You seem like you're doing a wonderful job of taking care of yourself and baby, and don't deserve that kind of commentary. Wow! It reminds me why I hate dietician appointments. So hard to find one with compassion and a softer delivery, which is often what we need, esp. after 12 years of no dietician appts.

    Anyway, I gotta hand it to you! Sounds like you handled yourself well. I wonder if Halle Berry's new pregnancy will shed light on type 1 diabetics and pregnancies.

    I'd like to link to your blog page from mine. If that's okay, let me know. My blog is amyliagrace.blogspot.com

    Thanks,and I'll keep reading!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home