Diabetes Diary

Kelsey's diary about living life with type 1 diabetes.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Lesson Learned

So, we all know that fat and protein influence blood sugar, right? But, I am often so focused on the carbohydrates in my meals and snacks, that I forget to factor in other aspects of the meal, like a high fat or high protein content.

This has really bad results when you add pregnancy induced insulin resistance to the mix!

My current post at HealthCentral.com: It's Not Just the Carbs! describes my recent experience with miscalculating for a meal of nachos, onion rings, and chicken wings!

Check it out... you don't have to be pregnant to appreciate, and commiserate with this one :)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Chrissie in Belgium said…

    Kelsey, I really appreciated this entry!!! Please read the comment I left on your articl at HealthCentral.com

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yes! Fried foods in particular make me take so much insulin and my b.s. is usually sky high for hours after unless I take a huge dose of insulin. Eating out with fried foods and pizza, etc. is so tough in the hours following. Sounds like you got it under control ASAP, though.

    Good post. Thanks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home