Diabetes Diary

Kelsey's diary about living life with type 1 diabetes.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

The latest...










Hi O.C.ers,
I've been so MIA lately! Life is busy with a 3 1/2 month old!
So, I returned to work full time at the beginning of April. It's been a fairly smooth transition, although I miss Sienna like crazy during the day. Luckily, my mom watches her during the day, so at least I'm not missing her and worried about her being in some stranger's care. Ga Ga (that's what we call Grandma) loves Sienna to pieces and dotes on her all day long. What a lucky kid!
In diabetes related news, my pump broke about a week ago. I went on Lantus for a few days. This marked my first period of going pumpless in over 18 months. I blogged about my experience over at my HealthCentral site, but they're not quite posted yet. Suffice it to say, I missed my pump quite a bit. While it was nice to have a break from being tethered to it all the time, my control suffered greatly. I was actually low a lot. Apparently my Lantus dose was too high. What a pain to have to eat so much to avoid going low.
Anyway, life is wonderful, if hectic for our little family. The weekends are precious to Dennis and me now because we get to spend two whole days with Sienna. She's a delightful child, so smiley and happy!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said…

    OMG Kelsey! That smile is way beyond priceless.
    A couple of days ago I was going to add a snippy comment about the OC needing to see Sienna pics before she got her driver's license.
    Now you have saved me from playing the buffoon!

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said…

    PS I love the second pic with her little feet crossed!

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Bernard said…

    Kelsey

    I just saw these today for the first time. What a darling, that smile is just beautiful.

    I hope you're managing to enjoy the summer with her!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home